Peter Teubel

Default Just getting started and read the books

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:51:08 GMT, "Ken Moon" wrote:

"Peter Teubel" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:22:56 -0600, "D. J. Dorn"

wrote:
Lastly, I have one mandrel with
five bushings - I'm assuming it's 7mm but it doesn't say - do I need more
mandrels? Thanks for any input.

No. The mandrel will fit all pen kits. It the BUSHINGS that vary in size.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com

Peter,
There are some pen kits that use different size mandrels. I know there are 8
and 10 mm mandrels and bushings for the larger diameter pens. Most of those,
if ordered from catalogs, are properly described with the correct mandrels
and bushings listed for each kit. If you're buying in the store, you may be
pretty much on your own.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Hmmm. That's interesting. I know that all the kits at Woodcraft use the standard 7mm mandrel.