Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Uploaded photos of Treadlock safe repair

The S&G combo lock on my old Treadlock safe (cheap gun safe) was
getting flaky. I had a locksmith out to fix it, but he declined,
saying Tread had modified the S&G bolt by drilling and attaching the
bolt operating mechanism, and any replacement lock would likely wear
out as well.

I didn't feel like buying a new safe, so I made an operating bolt and
installed, plus a new electronic lock. Took several hours one day to
fab, part of another to assemble and test. I bought the lock and the
handle. The rest was on hand.

www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Treadlock01.jpg parts
www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Treadlock02.jpg unlock position
www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Treadlock03.jpg lock position