Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

On 2014-07-04, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 04:06:11 -0400, rickman wrote:

Do you realize the dehumidifier is just an AC unit where the heat is
exhausted back into the room? You could do the same thing by running a
small space heater which would make the AC run more often which does a
much better job of taking the humidity out of the air. Actually, I've
never seen a house with AC that still had high humidity, but then I'm
not in the Pacific northwest.

Our AC is a heat pump which does not remove the moisture from the air --
it just cools it. Don't ask me how -- for all I know they have the thing
arranged to do it on purpose.

the cooling coil always collects condensation from the air (except in
very dry locations). When the drain blocks or the pump quits you'll
find out how much moisture it wasn't removing.

--
umop apisdn