Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

trader_4 wrote, on Fri, 04 Jul 2014 15:44:21 -0700:

You just keep the truck busy all day,
fill a lot of tanks up. But the flip side of that is somebody still
has to do the work.

The current plan is that we've lined up a couple of pickup trucks
from neighbors, and we have this (rather puny) 685-gallon spare tank:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5571/1...13b6ae13_b.jpg

That nominally 500-gallon tank weighs about 100 pounds, so, with
685 gallons in it, that's a bit over 2-1/2 tons of weight.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3847/1...747e92b5_b.jpg

I have never owned a pickup.

Does a 2-1/2 ton pickup actually carry 2-1/2 tons?
Seems logical, but I'm not sure how that spec works.