Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 7/4/2014 12:13 PM, trader_4 wrote:
In fairness to Danny, from the original post, it's obvious it's not
a one time, 1000 gallon problem. CA is in a long term drought, his wells
are running dry and so are his neighbors. The idea was to see if they
could come up with some lower cost solution to span months.

Which reminds me, I wrote a caution. Once the
neighbors find out that Danny is a water hauler,
it will set up an expectation that he will keep
them in water, any time they need.

As with my own water hauling experience, some times
it's better to have a concealed tank, and work out
of sight. A 50 gal tank inside a panel van (with a
pump and hose to your own cistern) may be the way
to go.

--
..
Christopher A. Young