Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default All 100 candles lit!

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
. 3.70...
Heh! I did a backyard display tonight with a bunch of effects, but the
key
one was a 1000-shot Roman Candle barrage. It's a big job to quickmatch
that many candles so they all ignite, and even more of one to time their
ignition so the display starts 'slow' and grows in intensity. All 100
candles lit, and in proper succession! Yay! I can still 'match' tubes!

It's been four years since I was a lead-shooter on a show. 'Been busy
making machines to make the fireworks, instead of shooting them. Nice to
know it still works.

Lloyd

Do you use burn rate fuse for that, or do you use an electronic ignition
system? I always figured model rocket igniters and 3F or 4F BP inside the
tubes surrounding the fuse where it enters the containment area would
solve most problems I've had.

P.S. When I quite using those stupid 9V or worse 3V launch controllers and
just started using a car battery all my problems with model rocket igniters
just went away.

I've got a couple rolls of water proof canon fuse I've used for timing
ground displays. One roll burns pretty consistently at 1" per second
unless you crush it, but he other roll does all kinds of weird things.

When I've had a problem its almost never been with the main line, but with
the fuses on the devices themselves. Using all consumer pack stuff of
course.

Hey cut me some slack Llloyd. Even S&S fireworks only became legal here a
few years ago. Crackers, rockets, and mortars are still verboten. On the
other hand I've had a perfectly legal model rocket "accidentally" blow up
once or twice...