Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 20:09:24 -0600, Tony Hwang

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:01:14 -0400, rickman wrote:

On 7/3/2014 8:42 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Mine cost $40 at Home Depot and doesn't have all those fancy features;
3 speeds, no light, no direction. It is quiet. In our climate, we
probably use it 5 or 10 nights per year, for the rare heat wave.

Ceiling fans are impressive. They seem to last forever.

I did tie it into the ceiling real good. Nothing wrecks your sleep
like a fan falling on you.

Hi,
Sounds like you have an experience with falling ceiling fan on you?
I have 3 of them fancy ones on top floor of the house. Very seldom use
them. Today it is VERY hot(for us at least), 30.7C in my front yard.
30C temp. here is not usual. Rather -30C is usual in winter, LOL!

30°C doesn't sound so bad to me. I like the 30°C days. It is the 33°C
days like we've been having when it starts to be a bother. This weekend
should be nice though. High around 30°C, low around 14°C at night.
Nice sleeping weather.

Low humidity 30C is comfortable. 28C and 60+% humidity is a different
story. But still better than 39C and 90+% humidity in Livingstone in
October!!!

Hi,
I just took a look on my Davis weather station console. 32% indoor, 43%
outdoor humidity. This week end Stampede starts, hope we have good, dry
weather next 10 days.

We just did the I80 drive from SF to Truckee. It was about 60F in SF
(warm!) and hit 102 from Sacramento to Auburn. It's 70F, 20% RH here
now, good beer weather. The gradient up the slope is usually about 1
deg F per 300 feet of altitude, but today it was about twice that.