Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

| It gets even funnier as you go on with assumption. Do you think the
| label on the can means it was produced and packed by them? Many of the
| name brand items you buy are produced by the independents and third
| party canners. Same big vat, many labels.

That's a good point. I know WF brand is not their own.
I can be fairly confident that Muir Glen produces and
packs their own. But there are a lot of "quality" food
companies that have been bought up to cash in on the
reputation. Toms, HaagenDas, SmartFood, etc. One just
has to make one's best judgement based on available
information. I don't see anything silly about that.

| You've grown 3 truckloads of tomatoes. Shaws
| wants to buy one for their store brand. One truckload
| is a bit funky, from a poorly producing field, but certainly
| good enough for market, while the other two truckloads
| are extremely good. Do you send one of the better
| truckloads to Shaws? (There's no such thing as identical
| when it comes to fresh food.)
|
| Depends on who I'm packing for today. Chances are, I'd mix the three
| together and start canning.

You're not canning. You're selling a truckload
to Shaws, and they'll be perfectly happy with
the worst batch, while what you keep will go
under your own label. You're going to mix the
truckloads? I doubt that very much.