Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

"Joerg" wrote in message

dadiOH wrote:
"RobertMacy" wrote in message
newsp.xif4myca2cx0wh@ajm
On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:44:53 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
...snip....
I run UP all seasons.... moves the air within putting myself in a
wind.

Yup. Same here.

THANKS, again empirical evidence opposite the 'experts'!

Perhaps it depends upon the climate. I've lived in tropical climates
most of my life. I've used ceiling fans for decades, long before they
were popular or even commonly available.

Unlikely, unless you are 130 years old. In restaurants or even some
upscale southern homes they had such fans back then. Often multiple
units driven by a common motor and belts. They had less than the usual
five blades of modern versions but they sure were ceiling fans.

Even today's style showed up in the stores over 100 years ago:

I didn't say they didn't have them, I said they weren't popular or commonly
available. That is true. Hell, I had to buy my first ones - Hunters - from
a company called "Fly Fan"...their customers were butchers and vendors in
open markets that bought them to shoo away flies.

--

dadiOH