Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/4/2014 10:31 AM, wrote:

Running the heater and the A/C at the same time MIGHT help, by forcing
the AC to run more, but it most certainly is NOT efficient. At the
price of electricity in Ontario, particularly during peak periods, it
doesn't make any sense at all. We run the AC off-peak to drop the
temperature and keep the house closed up on-peak to keep the heat out.
As soon as it cools down outside the wife wants to open the windows -
even when the humidity is 81%+ outside and only 40% inside.

Back in the late 1950's my father was the plant engineer in a printing
plant. Humidity control was more important than temperature for
comfort. They had a huge AC system and if the humidity got too high
they fired up the boilers and added heat. That kept the AC running and
removing moisture.

Does it make sense for you? Depends on your price of comfort. There are
still people that hate the heat yet won't pay to run the AC.

In industry it is the "cost of doing business".