Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

"RobertMacy" wrote in message
newsp.xif4myca2cx0wh@ajm
On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:44:53 -0700, Joerg wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
...snip....
I run UP all seasons.... moves the air within putting myself in a
wind.

Yup. Same here.

THANKS, again empirical evidence opposite the 'experts'!

Perhaps it depends upon the climate. I've lived in tropical climates most
of my life. I've used ceiling fans for decades, long before they were
popular or even commonly available. At the same time, central air
conditioning in homes was very uncommon; even room air conditoners. My fans
ran down, May through October (the other months were cool enough so that
they weren't needed).

We now have central air but it is rarely used . It is rarely used because we
like open windows and don't often need it. Why don't we need it? BECAUSE
THE FANS RUN DOWN.

--

dadiOH