Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

"Mayayana" wrote:

I'm a devoted Trader Joe shopper, but I did get tired of their produce,

I try not to buy any produce there. It's usually
funky in some way. One can't go for quality and cheap
prices both. I also don't like the way these sell their
own brands. There's no way to know the source and
the source doesn't have to worry about their reputation.

How do you know there's no way to know the source. Have you ever asked?

A while back I was looking at the chicken at BJ's. They sell Perdue labeled
chicken and BJ's labeled chicken. I located the butcher and asked him what
the difference was. "Just the packaging, and of course, the price."

They get all of their chicken from Perdue, some of it pre-packaged by
Perdue, and some of it bulk, which they then package themselves and sell
for a lower price.