Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:10:33 PM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:
wrote in message

I noticed that too. I dont buy bananas from there anymore

I am leery of much of Costco fruit.

I'm a devoted Trader Joe shopper, but I did get tired of their produce, so
now I buy at our Co-op. Expensive (all organic, which I don't always
require) but SO
fresh and good!

We also have 4 farmer's markets in town - Wednesday, Saturday (2) and
Sunday.
Again, not cheap, but guaranteed to be grown and sold by farmer -- no
middlemen.

Where I do NOT buy is Whole Foods. Expensive, Yuppy style. How fresh is
produce one doesn't know. And now they've been caught with their pants
down, charging for the container when weighing out purchase, where it's
supposed to automatically deduct weight of container. Huge scandal.

HB

-------

I am ready to go back to Europe, just for the fruit.