Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 7/2/2014 10:01 AM, DannyD. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:03:04 -0400:

I suspect the FD water is "non potable" since it's
not food grade tanks, inspected, etc.

Well, I did ask them about that, and they said they replace
any water that they use from our tanks or pools.

So, I would "think" it's potable.

They say more than one "water tender" accompanies them
everywhere they go, if possible, so, most of the water
they use is from those tenders.

They didn't know where the tenders get their water
since they said they float and are not attached to
any one fire department.

Most likely from the muni hydrants. Quick and easy.
Problem is that hydrant water is often rusty,
and it's "possible" the tenders (we call em tankers
in the east) are filled with pond water after a
pond drafting operation.

don't discount the possibility that "that is our story and we are sticking
to it".