Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Tue, 01 Jul 2014 07:44:08 -0400:

Seeing as how you're having trouble with flow,
duration, and interruption. Do you maybe have
trouble with your prostate?

Let's not get into that!

Armed with the great information in this thread, we were
able to garner another 1,000 gallons of water simply by
lifting the floats in two neighbor's water tanks!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/98287134@N02/14546837292/

Here's the water flow from the newer home construction into
the third of three 5000 gallon tanks after lifting the float:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5480/1...0794c170_c.jpg

By way of contrast, here's the flow into the first of five
5,000 gallon tanks at another residence after doing the same:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5480/1...0794c170_c.jpg

Thanks for all your advice, we're coming up with an action plan
which will (a) inspect all the tanks, (b) test the fire systems,
and (c) allow us to truck water up the hills when we run out.