Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 7/1/2014 12:24 AM, DannyD. wrote:
Roughly, 685 gallons x 8 pounds ~= 5,500 pounds, plus another
hundred pounds for the tank itself, is about 2-1/2 tons.

So, we need to find a truck (or trailer) that can haul 2.5 tons
up a windy road from this brand new fire hydrant:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3867/1...cd625d51_b.jpg

Any suggestions on the pickup truck given those new numbers?

Rented, comes to mind. I predict failures of
transmissions, gear boxes, and all other kinds
of things.

Interesting. That's a dry pipe hydrant. I thought
you were / are in California? Does it get cold and
freeze in the winter? North part of the state?

--
..
Christopher A. Young