Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SPAM Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?

On Monday, June 30, 2014 1:11:34 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:30:52 PM UTC+1, Roger Mills wrote:
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I
stripped it for potentially re-usable parts.
The part with the greatest potential is the motor, but I've no idea what
to use it for!
It's a hefty beast, with a centrifugal clutch inside its pulley. It had
no fewer than eight wires connected to it - presumably for selecting the
various speeds, and for going into reverse when agitating the washing.
The label on the motor says the following:
ZEM 20571033
CEI107/10-IEC 335
4A 260W 2780 RPM
3A 180W 1380 RPM 8/10uF 400VL [1]
1.1A 95W 900 RPM 8/10uF 450VL
Googling for the model number doesn't produce anything useful.
I'm looking for innovative suggestions of possible uses for this beast.

Why not use the motor to power a project?

Yes, such as?

See website idiotenterprises.

The metal shell also makes a good tool cupboard.

I cant think of a way to turn it into a good tool cupboard. Its not rigid enough for much, and an inconvenient size. As spam goes this is pathetic.

NT