billh

Default Record CL3 Lathe Problem

You are already up to your armpits in good advice but I will add you should
get new grub screws and some of the recommendations indirectly require you
to do so. The bottom cup or serrations can wear and a new screw will give
more bite on the shaft. Combine that with Loctite or double screws per hole
should fix the problem permanently.
Billh

"Peter" wrote in message news:3fc3bdec.0@entanet...
I have a Record CL3 lathe that I have recently started using. I noticed
that it was getting rather rattly and discovered that of the two grub

screws
supposed to be holding the spindle pulley in place one was not in situ. I
have since found it in the headstock and replaced it but the two screws
always work loose causing me great frustration at having to keep stopping

tighten them up. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so can

they
suggest a solution. I have taken the shaft apart and can see no obvious
defects but did notice that there was quite a lot of oil on the shaft
(probably due to my over enthusiastic use of the oil can). Could this be
the problem?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Peter