Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:48:53 -0400:

Danny says most HO have 10,000 gal tanks at home,
so delivery of complete load doesn't sound like a
problem.

I am positive that almost every house here has BIGGER
and MORE tanks than I do, but, I just looked at mine,
and I seem to have only a puny 5,000 gallons!
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3919/1...b48ba502_b.jpg

This document seems to apply to homes with their own water supply:
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/fmo/docs...-6-21-10-A.pdf

It says:
a) You must have at least 2 tanks (which I do),
b) The 2nd tank is for the hydrant (which I don't think mine is)
c) The minimum for my size home is 10,000 gallons (mine is apparently not!)

That document provides the rules on the wharf hydrant, so, I was
correct that at least one hydrant must be on *every* property
(even if they share a well like some of my neighbors apparently do).

So, I think I only have half the water I'm "supposed" to have,
since any decently sized home has to have 10,000 gallons and
mine, based on my look today, are only half of that.

But, the more disturbing thing is that my tanks don't seem to
be plumbed for one-for-the-house, the-other-for-the-hydrant.

Mine seems to be the top half is for the house, and the bottom
half is for the hydrant.

I'll snap pictures to show you after I run the test on the well
where the wells have been turned off for a couple of hours now.
(I'm going to time how long they run before drying up.)