Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:42:12 -0400:

That might provide the input, so you can put
water into the tanks? I'd think that in case
of fire, the FD would need to tap the resident
tanks, for water.

We all have "wharf hydrants" on our property for the FD.

This is mine:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2914/1...a4c06b1f_b.jpg

A huge portion of our tanks are "reserved" for this hydrant:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3867/1...f56fdbcb_b.jpg

BTW, since "my" tanks seem puny at (much?) less than 5,000 gallons
(I think, based on the writing on these pipes today):
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3902/1...d8a0630b_b.jpg

I started looking for the unincorporated Santa Clara County code,
but, so far, I only found this, which intimates 10,000 gallons
is pretty normal:
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/planning..._Site_Plan.pdf

If the calculations on my pipes is correct, then I only have a
dismally puny 3,094 gallons + 1,446 gallons = 4,540 gallons
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2928/1...51d927c9_b.jpg