Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

trader_4 wrote, on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 04:58:29 -0700:

No one other than Hertz? I would think someone would rent potable
water trucks. People do have to occasionally haul it around.

I only called Hertz in San Jose:
Hertz Equipment Rental 408-451-9320 (1695 N. 1st St, near SJC airport)
Because I just was running a quick survey for the neighbors.

Given the fact the Fire Department idea is a better idea, that
seems like a reasonable approach to take if it works.

Also, the fact that water tanks on the move are "baffled" was
entirely new to me, as I wouldn't want an unbaffled tank to
throw a pickup truck off the cliff (the roads are very windy).

I like the idea of drilling deeper, but, of course, that's an
expensive (albeit more permanent) option.

But, what's worse, all of a sudden, is that I found "my" wells
weren't working. I've had the circuit breakers all off for
about an hour and a half, so, I'll test the flow soon.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3890/1...7a71d615_b.jpg