Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:39:45 -0400:

Would it be a fair guess, that the high mounted
10,000 gal tanks, you're supposed to fill them
during the rainy season, if there is rain?

I don't know how much water most people use, but I emptied
both my tanks a few times this past month to the point that
the water completely shut off to the house (it just dribbled
out the faucet).

It's actually a slightly complicated system, where this little
block of wood determines my fate.

If I can "see" the block of wood, that's bad.
If it goes over a certain line, the water shuts off.
When it goes below another certain line, the water shuts off.

My fate is determined by a little yellow block of wood!
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3919/1...b48ba502_b.jpg