Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 07:39:45 -0400:

What does the FD do, with housing and no hydrants?

I'm no expert, but I can see the wharf hydrants at *every* home.
Here's mine, for example:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2914/1...a4c06b1f_b.jpg

Plus, since we're in the most extreme fire hazard zone there is
in California, there's always a helicopter flying around which
can't but help notice the pool:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3678/1...18e5582b_c.jpg

However, pool or no pool, it's my understanding every home is
required to reserve a huge portion of the bottom of their water
tanks, I believe, for that wharf hydrant.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2901/1...81e4c58a_b.jpg

For example, here's the bottom of "my" tank with the fire reserve
marked off at some point years ago where the outflow shuts off:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2928/1...51d927c9_b.jpg