Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/27/2014 4:16 PM, DannyD. wrote:
Do you have experience or ideas for trucking potable water to a residence?

We haven't had rain in a year or so, and some of my neighbor's wells are running
dry. They asked me to figure out an efficient way to get water to them because
the bulk water delivery companies are really lousy on service & costs.

Most of the people around here have their water trucked in from the
water plant in town about 20 miles away. I believe they get about 2000
gallons for $70 or $80.

I have a 200 gallon tank on my 1/2 ton. I go into town once a week,
mail, groceries etc and pick up 170 gallons costing $2 and change.
(prepaid card) That water is used for all our household needs. We
practice water conservation to help stretch the supply. Don't flush
after every leak, turn the shower off while soaping down. Not an
overly inconvenient lifestyle and as I see it the truck pays for
itself. Depending on the amount of company we get on the weekends I
generally need to bring in a load three weeks out of four. We live on
a riverbank so irrigating the lawn and garden is not a problem but I
don't use any river water in the house.

LdB