Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

trader_4 wrote, on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 04:54:16 -0700:

With plastic casing, which is what is being used here these days,
AFAIK you can't just drill an existing well deeper. You have to start all over.
Steel casing, etc maybe you can. I'd definitely find out about that
option though.

I just found out that the divorced lady who has run out of water is
sharing the well with the lady whose husband recently died. They have
separate tanks, so, it's just a matter of time before the second
lady has the problem.

Both have young kids, and not much by way of finances (other than the
huge illiquid equity presumed to be in the homes). The plan, I'm told,
is to drill deeper (but that plastic vs steel casing may be an issue).

Luckily, the divorced lady has her ex to back her up, so I think the
plan is to cut the single mother a break, at least until the home is
foreclosed on (which takes about a year). It's currently up for sale,
but there are no takers that I know of.

It's hard to help them, as I'm out of my league when it comes to this
stuff, having never owned a home with a well before the current one, and,
well, when the well works, it just works. So I don't know much more
about it other than watching the little block of wood go up and down.