Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/28/2014 12:49 AM, DannyD. wrote:
All of us have what is called a "wharf hydrant" on our residences
which is tied to the bottom 1/3 of the water tanks on the property.

It's the code for Santa Clara County that each house has their own
fire hydrant, but these hydrants are tall skinny things, but I think
the hose is the same as the smaller opening on the San Jose Water Company
fire hydrants miles away.

That might provide the input, so you can put
water into the tanks? I'd think that in case
of fire, the FD would need to tap the resident
tanks, for water.

--
..
Christopher A. Young