Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/28/2014 12:41 AM, DannyD. wrote:
Everyone has 10,000 or 15,000 gallon tanks of water. Most have two
or three large tanks. I don't think anyone doesn't have a tank or three.

So, that's where the water would be stored.

With that much capacity, you might look into a
bigger delivery truck. I mean, if you had a
5,000 gal truck, you could split the water off,
and deliver some water to two or three houses
at same time. OTOH, 5,000 is a LOT of weight and
would probably be the size of a semi trailer.

Would be nice to get the local FD out for relay
pumping practice one day a month, and fill ALL
the tanks and be done with it.

--
..
Christopher A. Young