Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/28/2014 12:40 AM, DannyD. wrote:
The fire hydrant would likely fill the tank on the truck,
but, the homeowner water tanks are ten to fifteen (or so)
feet up in the air, and some are on hills above the houses.

So, the pump is to get the water from the truck all the
way up (maybe fifteen or twenty feet?) to the top of the
water tank, which is the only ready-made opening.

"Now that you have read all the posts before replying
to the posts, put your name on the top of the paper
and turn it in."

Since houses all have electric (right?) you can use a HF
or similar well pump. Since you figure to do this more than
once, you can build a fill pipe or tap into the existing
fill system, for your own use. Ideally, there is existing
way they fill the tanks, from the well. You can put in a
valve, to fill from the truck. Run an extension cord down
two flight of stairs, and move the washing machine to get
at the good electric socket behind the washing machine for
each tank load of water. Could turn into good exercise.

I can see this turning into a major social event for the
delivery guy, as it may take an hour (or more) to pump
the truck tank to the house tank. Won't you please come
in and tell me all about aunt Myrtle's lumbago? And how's
Aunt Bee doing? Goober says hey.

--
..
Christopher A. Young