Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Gordon Shumway wrote, on Fri, 27 Jun 2014 19:11:27 -0500:

My advice is make sure you
know what threads are on the hydrant(s) you would use.

I understand.
There is apparently an "iron pipe" thread, and a "brass fire hose" thread.

I think. I'm not sure, but that will be a detail that must be considered
when the trucking part is figured out.

All of us have what is called a "wharf hydrant" on our residences
which is tied to the bottom 1/3 of the water tanks on the property.

It's the code for Santa Clara County that each house has their own
fire hydrant, but these hydrants are tall skinny things, but I think
the hose is the same as the smaller opening on the San Jose Water Company
fire hydrants miles away.