Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Pico Rico wrote, on Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:01:57 -0700:

did you say how much the commercial water delivery companies charge? That
would be interesting to know.

I had called this water service a while ago to fill my pool:
Franks Water Service, 20915 Old Santa Cruz Highway, 408-353-1343

He told me to get someone else because he didn't deliver up the hills,
but, he said it would cost about $4,000 to fill a 40,000 gallon pool.

How far apart are these 50 neighbors?

Total of about 4 miles from end to end (as the crow flies).

How far from the nearest fire hydrant?

Average of about five miles from the nearest San Jose Water Company
fire hydrant to the residences. That's why everyone has their own well.

Is the meter rental $50 per day, every day?
Or is it less by the week or by the season?

Actually it's by the month, but I just divided by 30 to get the
daily cost. I didn't ask them at the San Jose Water Company what their
shortest rental period is (I can call them Monday at 408-279-7835).

what equipment is already available to these residents?
Pickup trucks? Trailers?

Some have horses, so they have trailers. I don't have any of that,
and none have volunteered any equipment yet. Some have pickups,
but, it's not farm land, so, most just have Lexus SUVs & Prius'
sedans.