Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default Fusing of LED floodlights

On Friday, June 27, 2014 9:18:29 AM UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/06/14 08:59, wrote:

The professional sparks will be on site, so if it all goes pear

shaped he may be able to do some proessional sparky magic with a type

D (if that's not what he's used already), or something else.

I can never remember the correct technical term, but earthing is via a local earth rod.

I can be pretty sure he will not have a type D - the Zs (loop impedance)

requirements are very hard to meet - you pretty much need a transformer

nearby and your 600A distribution panel in the next room!

Type C is about as far as you can usefully go outside of a commercial

building with big heavy local distribution cables.