Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fusing of LED floodlights

In article ,
"Nick" writes:
Screwfix page says MAX fusing 16A.
I recently installed a 50W led floodlight. That works quite happily from a
switched fused spur (fcu) with a 1A fuse.
FWIW, the 50W floodlight looks very similar to the Screwfix 20W item. From
ebay the 50W cost less inc. p+p than the one you are looking at.
HTH
Nick.

There seem to be a glut of these around - CPC also sell them.

I bought one, and was disappointed with the light output.
The 20W one was noticably less light output than a 17W one from
CPC (sold as a worklamp), and noticably lower colour rendering.
I think they are using cheap lower efficiency power LED modules.

The case is nicely made.
I removed and chucked the LED and driver, and bought 4 x 7W
LED modules from Rapid and built a power supply for them.
Can't quite run them at 28W (case was only designed for 20W).

--
Andrew Gabriel