Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jabba Jabba is offline

Default John Lewis mash m/c - any good?

scribbled...

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:08:57 PM UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Changes in wash cycle to meet EU regs also wears clothes much faster.

I am reduced to pouring in kettles of water through the detergent drawer to get my eco washing machine to use enough water. I like to see my clothes splashing through the Surf.

I often rinse the washing first, to ensure it's all wet. Overfill too,
so the clothes are not rubbing against each other. Dunno if it works !

Haven't found anything that washes as well as a twin-tub with the proviso you need a room with a floor drain to deal with the splashes.

Owain

I worked for a firm that paid it's *repairmen* a bonus for any twin tub
they claimed wasn't repairable and took away. It would be fixed, tidied
up and out in the showroom in a couple of days. The ripped off dozens
of little old ladies - the *******s.