Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_4_] Tegger[_4_] is offline

Default One hose portable AC?

micky wrote in
:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:11:04 -0700 (PDT), BenDarrenBach
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:49:14 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

That sounds very good. What brand, model do you have?

http://alatest.com/reviews/air-condi...y-120e1-sg-pac
-12e1-12-000-btu-portable-ac-air-conditioner-dehumidifier-fan/po3-15885
8711,349/

Thanks. a lot.

Did you see what one guy's con was

"Humidity evaporator is not a reason to purchase this product. I have
to empty the humidity tank every 2-3 hours. The pipe for emptying the
humidity tank is very close to the ground. With a carpet the pipe is
actually on the carpet, so I have to lift..."

I wonder what model he's got. Ours both had some sort of evaporator built
into the condensate pan, and water never built up to the point where it
needed to be manually emptied. Thus, like BenDarrenBach, I never actually
had to empty the pan. But it would slosh over slightly if the unit was
moved too suddenly.

We bought both our units at Costco, which tends to carry high-quality
merchandise.

By the way, we have neither of them any more, since we now have central
air.

--
Tegger