Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3" pipe???

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:44:21 -0700 (PDT), novel
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:51:50 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, June 23, 2014 6:00:57 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/21/2014 7:59 PM, novel wrote:

question..sorry, its the best i can do

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Nov..._0172.jpg.html

Sure looks like inch and a half pipe, to me.

Some strange physics in your world. Maybe you're taveling

backwards at the speed of light and suffering from relativity

disorder. To the rest of us, in that pic clearly the nipple

is much larger than 1 1/2". As others have pointed out, you

can tell that two ways:

A - The nipple compared to the tailpiece coming down from the sink.

B - The width of the nipple compared to it's measured length, which

is said to be 3".

It might not be 3", but I think everyone else here would put

money on it being greater than 1 1/2"

There seems to be a lot of questions regarding my 3" pipe.. I am the OP here. Some said to measure with a ruler..I went a step further by circling it with a string, than lied it down a ruler and it measured 6". So half of that, I believe would be the diameter...so do the math. It was circled around the red tape area cause that is where it was inserted into the T-pipe. Regardless, a genuine plumber is coming today to take all out and replaced with the latest P trap and etc, minus the T-pipe. Thanks to all...except the troll caller. LOL

Not only not a plumber, but not a mathematician either. The diameter
of a 6" circumference pipe is 1.91 inches. Most definitely NOT a 3"
pipe!!! A bit small for a 2" drain, actually.