Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One hose portable AC? (repost for Trader)

On 6/24/2014 12:41 PM, micky wrote:
I think I read here that the miracle coolers work. Not by ice. They
plug into the cigarette lighter and use a thermocouple. The same thing
that will make electricity when it gets hot, will make cold when one
runs electricity through it. Or something like that.

They make great picnic coolers, and I think the motels I stayed in 2
summers ago all had them. Those fridges made no noise at all, but
still kept food cold and ice icey in the ice compartment. (They might
have made ice, but I didn't try.)

Peletaire junction, probably spelled wrong.

--
..
Christopher A. Young