Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default One hose portable AC? (repost for Trader)

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:41:00 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:33:08 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:

I guess she could buy one of those "miracle coolers" that utilize

the latest breakthrough in Chinese technology. You know, like the

scammers that sell the "miracle heaters", with the Amish made

mantles in the winter...... I think the cooler amounts to an ice

pack that you put in the freezer, then put in front of a fan in

the miracle unit. Cools for just pennies a day.......

I think I read here that the miracle coolers work. Not by ice. They

plug into the cigarette lighter and use a thermocouple. The same thing

that will make electricity when it gets hot, will make cold when one

runs electricity through it. Or something like that.

No, I don't know of anyone marketing a room cooler that plugs into your car.
This is an example of the crap I'm talking about:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...ment/index.htm

In the winter, similar shysters sell miracle electric heaters, with space
age technology from China.

They make great picnic coolers, and I think the motels I stayed in 2

summers ago all had them. Those fridges made no noise at all, but

still kept food cold and ice icey in the ice compartment. (They might

have made ice, but I didn't try.)