Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default One hose portable AC? (repost for Trader)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:33:08 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I guess she could buy one of those "miracle coolers" that utilize
the latest breakthrough in Chinese technology. You know, like the
scammers that sell the "miracle heaters", with the Amish made
mantles in the winter...... I think the cooler amounts to an ice
pack that you put in the freezer, then put in front of a fan in
the miracle unit. Cools for just pennies a day.......

I think I read here that the miracle coolers work. Not by ice. They
plug into the cigarette lighter and use a thermocouple. The same thing
that will make electricity when it gets hot, will make cold when one
runs electricity through it. Or something like that.

They make great picnic coolers, and I think the motels I stayed in 2
summers ago all had them. Those fridges made no noise at all, but
still kept food cold and ice icey in the ice compartment. (They might
have made ice, but I didn't try.)