Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default One hose portable AC?

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:51:36 -0700 (PDT), BenDarrenBach
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:32:25 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:

The units act as dehumidifiers even in A/C mode, which is why the reservoir

fills up and needs to be emptied once in a while. Remember, portables can't

simply let their water drip outside, but must drip their water into an

internal pan instead.

Tegger

Just to add...I haven't yet (3rd season) had to drain either unit of water! They will indicate if they fill and shut-off (hasn't happened). The units are said to have ultra-sonic water dispersion thru the exhaust hose...

very interesting.

One that I looked at on line had "self-evaporation" but I think it, or
another one?, also had a place for a tube at the bottom and a garden
hose about a foot up.

Another one I looked at came with RCA, Magnavox, Sylvania, and Keystone
brand names on it.

As to the basement rust, Pat, we've both had floods of various sorts
inthe basement and it didn't lead to rust, but if worst comes to worst,
she can close her basement window.