Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 3" pipe???

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:44:21 AM UTC-4, novel wrote:
On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:51:50 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

On Monday, June 23, 2014 6:00:57 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/21/2014 7:59 PM, novel wrote:

question..sorry, its the best i can do

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Nov..._0172.jpg.html

Sure looks like inch and a half pipe, to me.

Some strange physics in your world. Maybe you're taveling

backwards at the speed of light and suffering from relativity

disorder. To the rest of us, in that pic clearly the nipple

is much larger than 1 1/2". As others have pointed out, you

can tell that two ways:

A - The nipple compared to the tailpiece coming down from the sink.

B - The width of the nipple compared to it's measured length, which

is said to be 3".

It might not be 3", but I think everyone else here would put

money on it being greater than 1 1/2"

There seems to be a lot of questions regarding my 3" pipe.. I am the OP here. Some said to measure with a ruler..I went a step further by circling it with a string, than lied it down a ruler and it measured 6". So half of that, I believe would be the diameter...

no, 1/2 of that is half the circumference.

so do the math. It was circled around the red tape area cause that is where it was inserted into the T-pipe.

6"/pi = 6/3.14 = 1.91 inches.

That is the outside dimension, pipe is called out by the inside dimension.
What you have is a 1 1/2" pipe. I'll be damned, Stormin was right. How
that can jive with what we see in the pic, ie the length of the nipple,
the size of the tailpiece, IDK. The tailpiece looks about half the
size of the nipple. But heh, it is what it is.

Regardless, a genuine plumber is coming today to take all out and replaced with the latest P trap and etc, minus the T-pipe. Thanks to all...except the troll caller. LOL

Aside from thinking you were a troll, based on your first post, I supplied
many posts with accurate, helpful information. And in the end, you're doing
exactly what I said to do, ie don't buy anything, call a plumber and let
them come up with the right solution.

So, screw you. You obviously can't do grade school math. And the
drain cleaner who you called a plumber is no genius either, because
he told you to buy a 3" x 3" nipple. If you'd done that, you'd be sitting
there with your useless nipple in your hand.