Posted to alt.home.repair
BenDarrenBach BenDarrenBach is offline

Default One hose portable AC?

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:13:41 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I have 2 single hose AC units (8&12BTU)...the larger cools 2 rooms (625sf) comfortably. It wouldn't run in a standard 15A outlet though, I had to re-wire a dryer outlet so it had its own circuit. We have crank-out windows! 8^O

Thanks. One that says it's 12btu also says it runs on 12 or 13 amps.

You've warned me and I'll make sure she doesn't buy one that uses 15 or

more. (I'm going to pick it up and bring it home too, unless she gets

one by mail.) I don't know what else she has on the circuit she would

use.

Did you or Tegger notice the rest of your home getting hotter when you

used these?

No...our house is well insulated and sealed (vented eaves and peak vents).