Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One hose portable AC?

On 6/23/2014 9:29 PM, micky wrote:
A friend's air conditioning has failed and she doesn't have the money to
replace the compressor etc.

So she's looking at so-called portable AC One unit she saw looks nice,
has the right controls plus remote, but only has an output hose. One of
the laymen reviewing it makes that a deal breaker, that it doesnt have
an input hose also to the window.

Do you think one hose AC is terrrible and should avoided at all cost?

About half of the machines out there are one hose. Admittedly, the
cheaper ones, but she doesn't want to spend too much either.

Must be in a condo, or HOA? I find window AC
start about $110 at Walmart. But some places
don't allow window AC. I'd expect a one hose
to provide comfort in one room, and that's what
counts.

--
..
Christopher A. Young