Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default 3" pipe???

Brass drainkits are extremely common - plastic is taking over, but
brass traps, tailpeices, and fittings are available froam any decent
plumbing supplier in all the common drain sizes

I was thinking of the main fittings like the pipe nipple or the tee in the
main stack, rather than the P-trap assembly. For example,
plumbingsupply.com shows a 2" brass tee costing $38. Ouch. Of course, those
fittings are made for supply lines, not drains. I've never seen drain lines
made of brass (solid, not plated steel).

In any case, the only P-trap assemblies I have seen here in WA state are
PVC, ABS, or chromed steel. I could probably special order brass if I
wanted to, but it's not something available off the shelf.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com