Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default when you buy plumbing parts at HD

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:29:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, June 22, 2014 5:25:53 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 12:46:50 PM UTC-7, Clare wrote:

Sorry - but I've had enough Union BS to last a lifetime. Will NEVER

work for a Union shop - and I'll never operate a business if I'm

forced to work with a union. I contract out to union shops, but I'm

not involved with the union, being self employed/management.

It's people like Clare that employees need unions to protect themselves
against.

Its tougher to convince heirs and heiresses and others of that kind of thing.

But its still good to know that at least labor unions have dominant power in most other leading nations.

No-one who ever worked for me had any complaints. I brought in
benefits as good as or better than the union shop would have given
them, and they worked for me - not the union. The good workers got
paid more than the not so good ones, and when things were slow I kept
them on - paying them their full wage to do maintenance work that
needed doing, instead of hiring outside contractors to do the work
(union or non-union)

My dad did the same thing Anyone who ever worked for him had nothing
but good to say of him.
Yes, there are a lot of companies out there that NEED to have a union
to protect their workers - but being a non union shop does NOT
necessarily mean the worker gets the shaft.