Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

In message , Vir
Campestris writes
On 18/06/2014 20:33, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:53:14 +0100, Nick wrote:

Apparently the omission of spare wheels by manufacturers is a weight
reducing factor. This to massage statistics.
My feeling is that this is positively dangerous and should be banned.

Less dangerous than some twonk changing a tyre on the brow of a hill
or just round a bend or even lane 3 of a motorway? That's assuming
they have half a clue about how to change a wheel and to do the
nuts/bolts up properly...

But I agree a can of gunk and pump are not satisfactory, space savers
just about but I'd rather have full sized spare.

Last time I had a flat was on a rented van.

First I knew was a bang. I was in lane 1, and pulled over straight
away. I'm glad I didn't brake hard, because the tread had separated
from the walls...

And then I couldn't find the locking wheel nut key.

Did you look in the ash tray?

--
Tim Lamb