Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default when you buy plumbing parts at HD

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 08:36:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:49:07 PM UTC-4, Clare wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 08:12:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

If you want professional help and quality parts then it's on you to

rearrange you schedule. If you can't rearrange your schedule and

recognize that people deserve their time off then you might as

well get use to the **** quality/help that one most often gets at

Home Depot.

The overall concept of the big box store is rotten. That's what happens with the large non-unionized corporate structure. Secrecy and too much else is left to chance and is too rampant throughout and the customer is left wondering why the result is so screwed-up. The workers have to all be on the same page. Then the surroundings follow.

Having these big box stores come to a community results in shutting down stores that were already there. Then the younger generations there wonder: "Why even stay? Everythings closed down, but the Walmart and Home Depot". Nothing is here any more except a Walmart and an Home Depot (or a Lowes).

Then, those two go out of business because too few people are even left in the town.

And it's really got nothing to do with "non-union" either.

You don't

have to be a union shop to treat your employees with respect and pay a

decent wage.

Only if the labor unions agree. (your word *by itself* just isn't good enough)

I don't need the union's permission to treat my employees like humans
and to pay them a decent wage. I can pay an amployee what he is wort -
not limitted by union scale, where I cannot reward a good worker over
a slacker.

Sorry - but I've had enough Union BS to last a lifetime. Will NEVER
work for a Union shop - and I'll never operate a business if I'm
forced to work with a union. I contract out to union shops, but I'm
not involved with the union, being self employed/management.