Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default Iris Motor in a Camera

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:22:38 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Any idea where I might find a data sheet for a camera iris motor?

In particular I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is output via
the feedback winding.

...Jim Thompson

Unless it's a very low volume camera, the motor is probably custom made;
you won't be able to get a data sheet. You might be able to get data
sheets for similar motors but there is no guarantee how closely yours
will match. You might try contacting the camera manufacturer; they might
be sympathetic, but that isn't likely.

Your best bet is to test the motor and develop your own data.

Jim Mueller

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.