Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Iris Motor in a Camera

Any idea where I might find a data sheet for a camera iris motor?

In particular I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is output via
the feedback winding.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:22:38 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Any idea where I might find a data sheet for a camera iris motor?

In particular I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is output via
the feedback winding.

...Jim Thompson

Unless it's a very low volume camera, the motor is probably custom made;
you won't be able to get a data sheet. You might be able to get data
sheets for similar motors but there is no guarantee how closely yours
will match. You might try contacting the camera manufacturer; they might
be sympathetic, but that isn't likely.

Your best bet is to test the motor and develop your own data.

Jim Mueller

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
camera iris motor

The BabyBird (GooGull) sez:
[PDF]
Auto-iris Motorized Zoom Lenses - Bosch Security Systems
resource.boschsecurity.com/.../Data_sheet_enUS_2191260299.pdf
camera optic features. Lenses in this series include 10x, 15x, and
20x zoom range models. Some models provide optional pre- position and
manual iris override ...
*** Covers the lenses, not the motors.

[PDF]
D22x9.1B-Y41 - Fujifilm
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/opt...x91b-y41_e.pdf
Fujifilm
Wiring. D22x9.1B-Y41. Focal Length (mm). 9.1 - 200(22x). Iris
Range. F1.2 - T1500(Equivalent to F1500). Operation. Zoom. Motor Drive.
Focus. Motor Drive. Iris.
*** Useless for your needs; one pager,lens wiring.
*** Next 2 are for the drivers, and maybe useful.

[PDF]
AN41908A - Semiconductor
www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/.../AN41908A_AE...
Panasonic Corporation
AN41908A is a lens motor driver IC for camcorder and
security-camera featuring the functions of Iris control. ..... Register
input / output signal specification. SCLK.
[PDF]
AN41919A - Semiconductor
www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/.../AN41919A_E.p...
Panasonic Corporation
AN41919A is a DC IRIS control LSI for IP camera and security ...
and is able to control various IRIS motors. Notes) ..... Register input
/ output signal specification.

...That is the first 4 of a number of hits.
If the info in the semi datasheets are insufficient, then try to find
out what stepper motors are used,and attack their datasheets.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

In article om,
Jim Mueller wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:22:38 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Any idea where I might find a data sheet for a camera iris motor?

In particular I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is output via
the feedback winding.

...Jim Thompson

Unless it's a very low volume camera, the motor is probably custom made;
you won't be able to get a data sheet. You might be able to get data
sheets for similar motors but there is no guarantee how closely yours
will match. You might try contacting the camera manufacturer; they might
be sympathetic, but that isn't likely.

Your best bet is to test the motor and develop your own data.

Jim Mueller

I've cracked some lenses open and the iris was just a stepper motor with
no feedback. Much like old floppy disk heads, they banged up against a
stopper to initialize the position every time the aperture opens to
full. Closing the aperture was just counting steps.

I don't think I've seen a motor with internal feedback in anything
except RC servos. They're expensive and they make assembly difficult.
Precision movement usually comes from a stepper motor or optics counting
painted lines on the final driven component.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 22:00:26 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

What good are truncated links?

Do you know about http://tinyurl.com/ ?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

In article , To-Email-Use-
says...
..That is the first 4 of a number of hits.
If the info in the semi datasheets are insufficient, then try to find
out what stepper motors are used,and attack their datasheets.

What good are truncated links?

Do you know about
http://tinyurl.com/ ?

...Jim Thompson

I've seen two types of iris motors..

1.
A two phase much like a stepper where one coil becomes the mover and
the other a sensor for move detection, then they alternate their jobs
where is the other coil then becomes the mover and the first one is now
the sensor. There is what looks like a spur ring gear and two little
coils off the side which are the A and B phase and sensors shared.

2.

The spring type. tension spring keeps the iris in one position when
power is off. There is a PM that is attached to the linkage of the iris
and a coil near by that pulls it. Position is proportional to magnetic
strength in the coil. Also, the second coil is the damper coil, this
coil has DC current proportional to the velocity of the shutter to
create drag so not to allow iris to over shoot or wobble at the stop
point.

I am sure there maybe constant DC in the damper coil to prevent it from
shaking with normal handling.

I am sure there are other types out there like a PM motor directly
driving the iris. A lot of these camera's use the image center to adjust
the iris, they just open/close as they see fit from the image sensor and
use over current detection for stops or jam detection, which may get
mistaken for iris limits.

You need to research which system you're interested in. Maybe you're
trying to do all of them in a single chip?

Jamie
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

it's just an example of what you could have got from google.

Do you know about http://tinyurl.com/ ?

tinyurl makes temporary links.

--
umop apisdn