Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Doorbell Continuously rings- (but not a short)

On 06/20/2014 02:45 PM, TimR wrote:

[snip]

Yeah. The LED sounds less likely now that I think about it. It wouldn't act as a short unless the current limiting series resistor had failed, and if that happened the LED should burn out and go open, stopping the chime.

Once I accidentally connected a LED to 12V without a resistor. There was
an immediate POP sound and half the plastic around the LED disappeared.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug." [Mark Twain]