Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 08:47:13 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Having had a front tyre disintegrate while in lane3, it isn't much fun
trying to get over to the hard shoulder in a hurry, is there an approved
hand gesture?

No but theer is an approved sound "pharrppp".

Just gotta hope that those in your immediate vicinty are vaguely
awake, not ****nuggets and get out of your way. People only a hundred
yards or so behind ought to see the explosion and have time to slow
down/brake/avoid without too much bother.

I will never buy a car without a spare of some type again, current car
has a space saver which I've used a couple of times, and I've bought a
cheapo compressor to sling in the boot.

Seem you have a lot of trouble with tyres. I've had just two
punctures in I'm not sure how many years as the first was so long ago
I'd almost forgotten about it. The last was this year, sharp bit of
road stone, worked it's way into the tread and a very slow puncture
became rather quicker few weeks. Was in the repairable area though.
B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.